The proximity of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, the Port of Amsterdam, the Greenport (Aalsmeer flower auction) and the dataport (AMS-IX) makes the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area an ideal location for all types of logistics activities.
Smart Logistics Hub
Locating your logistics company in the AMA means establishing yourself in a region where innovations in logistics are top of the bill. Here you will find 400 years of logistics experience, easy access to all European markets, the ’best-in-class‘ European cargo airport and an extensive network of logistics companies. Also, we don’t stop at traditional large-scale logistics operations: all logistic activities can be accommodated in the AMA, from the transport of clothing and perishables to the warehousing of IT goods
Being and staying a smart logistics hub means constantly developing new, innovative solutions in the field of logistics. The concepts we work on focus on such areas as improving the efficiency of the logistics chain. The recent ‘Seamless Connections’ project aims to remove boundaries and obstacles between the various logistics parties and, in doing so, raise the efficiency, speed and, ultimately, the cost-efficiency of the logistics chain to a higher level. Other relevant initiatives are One Logistics, Amsterdam Connecting Trade and the DGVS-zone (Paperless Goods Movement Tracking System).
Facts and figures
- Global freight forwarders and express carriers rank the Netherlands among the best countries in European logistics performance;
- 180,000 people are currently working in logistics-related services in the AMA;
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is the third-largest cargo hub in Europe;
- The Port of Amsterdam is the fourth-largest seaport in Europe;
- Logistics companies already located in the AMA: Kuhne + Nagel, DHL, UPS, Rhenus Logistics, Panalpina, Expeditors, Schenker, UTI, Aerocar, Geodis and IJS Global.
More information about logistics can be found in the factsheet. Please contact us for additional information and commercial opportunities.